Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Why Banos?




We made it to our trip, yes!
Finally we arrived in a touristy town and yes I am not afraid to say it but I love these kind of towns. U have it all in one place: good restaurants, treks, hot springs, mountain bikes, motorcycles, traktorinim and more.
Leave me out of the idea of going to places that are off the beaten track - that might come later. Now I need convenience, I want to meet other travellers, sleep in, and want things to be easy. Later, maybe, hopefully, we will challenge ourselves with remote villages (as long as we can come back at night for a good sleep, I’m only joking) meet locals and all the rest.
It might sound a bit selfish, but I think that first we need to relax and adjust then explore.
Anyhow, we arrived yesterday (17.07.07 Tuesday) to a place called Banos (pronounced Banyos), south of Quito. It’s a beautiful town surrounded by green volcanic mountains (some are still active)… very nice. We are staying at Planta y Blanco, a very nice hostel, that seems to have all the necessary services for travellers in one place: free internet, tv, steam baths, nice cafeteria on a roof terrace and heaps of travellers, ¨be-kistoor¨ (= to make the story short in hebrew) the place to be.
Today we went for a short walk around the town and while exploring the neighbourhood we went to a Spanish school (we might start study Spanish on Monday) and to the nearby river (from which we had beautiful view of the town and the whole area). I had my fist massage today ! in the afternoon which was good, hopefully tomorrow we will go to the hot springs. Adios amigos, Eran Sofer

No comments: